For any further information, updates or questions, please contact Doug Thur
Occupational Health and SafetyEvery worker has a right to a safe workplace.
Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), and a variety of other federal and provincial statues, policies and procedures developed locally, form the basic framework for ETFO members to work safely. It is important to be knowledgeable about each of these areas to ensure that your workplace is as safe as can be.
Share any concerns about workplace safety promptly. Report any injuries or ‘near misses’ immediately and complete all the necessary paperwork.
Sources of Information:
1. Health and Safety bulletin boards in schools/worksites
- copy of the OHSA also known as The Green Book
- copy of the School Health and Safety committee minutes
- copy of the Joint Health and Safety Committee minutes
Take Every Precaution Reasonable:
An ETFO Guide to Occupational Health and Safety in Schools is available on loan from HAPE-OTL or for purchase from Shop ETFO
3. Training Workshops:
- ETFO Health and Safety
- Workers Health and Safety Centre
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
- Ontario Ministry of Labour